FDA PRESS, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — February 24, 2015 — Eatontown, NJ, Heritage Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Heritage) today announced the voluntary nationwide recall of ten (10) lots of Colistimethate for Injection, USP, 150 mg Single-Dose vial (NDC 23155-193-31) and three (3) lots of Rifampin for Injection, USP, 600 mg Single-Dose vial (NDC 23155-340-31) manufactured by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and distributed by Heritage. Both products are sold in single vial mono-cartons in case packs of ten (10). Heritage has initiated this voluntary recall of Colistimethate for Injection, USP, 150 mg Single-Dose vial and Rifampin for Injection USP, 600 mg Single-Dose vial to the user level due to FDA observations pertaining to aseptic and GMP practices at the manufacturer‘s site potentially impacting product sterility.
Intravenous administration of non-sterile injection products to a normally sterile site may result in a site-specific or systemic infection, which in turn may cause hospitalization, significant morbidity (permanent organ damage), or fatal outcome. To date, Heritage is not aware of any adverse patient events resulting from the use of the subject product lots.
The lot numbers with expiry date being recalled are: Colistimethate for Injection
Rifampin for Injection
The products were distributed to hospitals, wholesalers and distributors nationwide from December 2012 through January 2015 (Colistimethate) and from October 2014 through January 2015 (Rifampin). Colistimethate is indicated for the treatment of acute or chronic infections due to sensitive strains of certain gram-negative bacteria. Rifampin is indicated for the treatment of all forms of tuberculosis.
- Tim Coles & Dr Helen Hale Article – Taming the Tyrannosaurus of Validation - 6th February 2018
- Exclusive ISPE Decontamination & Validation ½ Day Workshop and Focus Group - 18th January 2018
- The Shortfalls Of Biological Indicators For HPV Decontamination Validation - 7th September 2017
- Protak Features In Clean Air & Containment Review - 1st August 2017
- Protak Scientific At Pharma Integrates 2017 In November As Sponsor & Panelist - 1st July 2017
- Enzyme Indicators Proven As Viable Alternative For HPV Decontamination Validation - 20th June 2017
- Protak Scientific At The ISPE UK Summer Conference: Containment & Decontamination – 14/6 - 6th June 2017
- Howorth Air Technology Trials Enzyme Indicators Successfully - 26th May 2017
- Clean Air & Containment Review – “EI’s Will Eventually Take Over BI’s” - 5th May 2017
- Protak Scientific Announce Appointment of Netsteril As Distributor for Spain To Supply Revolutionary Alternative To Biological Indicators - 15th February 2017